Do You Have a Routine?
More and more women are devising ways to get more organized, manage their homes more efficiently, and become better time managers. Women seem to have a knack at improving what is already being done. We realize the benefits and strive for more time in just about everything. And what do we plan on doing with this extra time? Dominant preferences would be to spend more time with family, catch up on our chores, and maybe even get a bit of shopping done.
Have you realized in and out of each day though, being ‘Wonder Woman’ has taken a toll on your well-being and your sanity? If we analyze our accomplishments, we can fall short, judging and over-thinking ourselves. Several tools have risen to the surface and become popular for our salvation, one of them being meditation.
Meditation – In earlier life-stages, meditating before taking the kids to school was laughable. You would have considered yourself lucky to get everyone’s homework in backpacks before heading out the door. As our schedules change, however, disruption can throw us off, even so far as making us feel out of control.
Take 5 minutes out of your day to stop, center on your own feelings and emotions, and get in tune with the good things in your life. In time, meditation will become easier, allowing you to focus on the meaningful things in your life, and not judge yourself on the ones out of your reach.
Simple 5 Minute Meditation for Beginners
- Sit or lie comfortably. You may even want to invest in a meditation chair or cushion.
- Close your eyes. …
- Make no effort to control the breath; simply breathe naturally.
- Focus your attention on the breath and on how the body moves with each inhalation and exhalation.
- Relax, think only of the moment,; its solitude, its peace, and the calm surrounding you.
- Gently bring yourself back to this place if your mind wanders. Be kind to yourself.
- Keep it short, 5 minutes will do. If you want, you can increase your time as you master your thoughts.
If you would like to read more about meditation, please click the link below.